Gadsden County's roads are home to about 36,380 personal and commercial vehicles. This number is equal to about 0.2% of all the cars that are registered in the state of Florida.
Nearly 86% of adult drivers in Gadsden County commute to work by themselves, and more than half of those commutes last for more than half an hour.
With an estimated 20% of Florida drivers uninsured, about 7,300 vehicles in Gadsden County alone could be uninsured or underinsured.
Nearly every fifth crash in Gadsden County is a hit-and-run.
In Gadsden County, automobile fatalities statistically occur at a rate of 21.73 per 100,000 vehicles on the road, resulting in around 8 fatal crashes yearly.
In 2021, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reported over 902 crashes in Gadsden County: 11 fatal crashes, with a resultant 11 deaths (including 1 motorcyclist and 2 pedestrians). Alcohol is determined as the main factor for the fatal crashes in Gadsden County in an estimated 39% of all driving fatalities.
To discuss your auto insurance needs and to find affordable car insurance in Gadsden County, contact a knowledgeable Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance agent licensed in the state of Florida.
Like the majority of Florida, where the homes are mostly (65%) owner-occupied, Gadsden County’s estimated 23,289 housing unit market is composed mostly of Homeowner-occupied units at a rate of approximately 73%, and the remaining 27% are rental units.
Other counties in the region also largely consist of homes inhabited by owners: Calhoun County having the highest Homeowner-occupied rate in the region with more than 81% of its residential real estate occupied by owners. Liberty County is at 75%, while Leon County is almost split in half with 53% owner-occupied / 47% for rent.
Statewide, Sumter County has the largest percentage of owner-occupied houses (almost 90%), while Miami-Dade County has the highest rate of rental properties (49%).
Over 13% of housing units in Gadsden County report housing problems like overcrowding, bad plumbing, or issues with the kitchen. In 1 out of 4 homes, residents spend more than 50% of their income on housing.
The percentage of adults in Gadsden County who do not have proper health insurance is around 19%. This rate is identical to the statewide average and the highest among its immediate neighbors. Calhoun County projects the second-highest uninsured adult rate in the region, at over 18%, while Leon County posts the lowest rate, at 14%.
The highest uninsured adult rate in the state of Florida is in Hendry County, with 35% of residents uninsured, while the lowest rate is observed in St. Johns County at under 13% of the adult residents.
More than 1 in 4 adults (≈12,090) in Gadsden County report problems with health.
Nearly 35% of the Gadsden County population do not participate in any physical exercise activities.
Due to the lack of physical activities, about 44% of the Gadsden County residents are considered obese (with a BMI of 30 or more), this is the highest adult obesity rate in the region and across Florida. This is also higher than the Florida average of over 27%. Among the neighboring counties, Leon County reports the lowest – at over 31% of the residents, while approximately 40% of adults from Liberty County may be considered obese.
As of 2022, there were 14 health insurers in Gadsden County, offering affordable and frequently subsidized ACA health insurance on the Florida health marketplace.
The average life expectancy for the residents of Gadsden County is between 76 and 77 years old, and this is the second-longest lifespan in the region, with Leon County as the highest at 79 years old. Gadsden county’s average life expectancy is lower than the state average in Florida (80). Among the neighboring counties, Jackson County shows the shortest life span at 74 years old. The lowest life span in Florida is seen in Union County, at under 69 years old.
In 2022 there were approximately 8,424 seniors (65 and older) residing in Gadsden County.
Funeral expenses in and around Gadsden County vary drastically. The average price of a funeral in Gadsden County is around $5,300, which is lower than the Florida State average ($5,900). Among the neighbors of Gadsden County, Liberty County has the highest average funeral cost of over $7,000, while Jackson County has the lowest average funeral cost in the region at $5,200.
Commercial insurance needs vary between each of the roughly 930 business establishments in Gadsden County. The three largest job-creating sectors, accounting for nearly 43% of all employment in the county in 2021 were:
To assess your business insurance needs in Gadsden County and to get a commercial insurance quote, speak with a knowledgeable Florida-licensed commercial insurance agent with access to multiple insurers and premium finance options. Always try to compare at least 2 or 3 options before deciding on the coverage.